HampsonRussell Strata (Post-Stack) Training
This training course is available upon request. When requesting a course, please know there is a minimum number of participants needed for the course to be held. Request more information in the form to notify our team of your interest.
This course covers the theory and practical use of Strata, an interactive program that is fully linked within HampsonRussell software and performs of post-stack inversion.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers, and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques
Topics covered include:
- Introduction: What is an inversion
- Log Correlation and Wavelets
- Model building
- Model based inversion techniques and Analysis
- Model parameters: Scaling, Constraints, Error Plots and Model Enhancements
- Post Stack Inversion Quality Control
- Alternative Post stack inversion Techniques: Spar Spike and Colored Inversion
- What the product of post stack inversion is useful for
- The inversion workflow stages
- How seismic phase affects inversion results
- How the model is generated
- The difference between Model Based, Sparse Spike and Colored inversions
- How to QC an inversion received from someone else
Duration: 1 day
Software used: HampsonRussell Strata
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, in-person classroom or virtual
Prerequisites: Experience with HampsonRussell software is NOT a prerequisite for this training course, although students will become familiar with the functionality through attendance of this class.