Velocity Modeling with VelPro Training
This training course is available upon request. When requesting a course, please know there is a minimum number of participants needed for the course to be held. Request more information in the form to notify our team of your interest.
This course provides a workflow for basic velocity modeling using VelPro. Providing the user with the ability to combine all available velocity data into a single, comprehensive model.
Geophysicists, Geologists, and technical staff who are interested in the theory and practical applications of velocity modeling
This hands-on course provides the student the knowledge to:
• Load data into a project.
• QC and correct data loaded data.
• Create simple, structure independent models.
• Understand the structure and behavior of a VelPro project.
• Add in structure to a velocity model.
• Analyze the velocities of the different layers. • Create a layered velocity.
Duration: 1 day
Software used: VelPro
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, in-person classroom or virtual
Prerequisites: None, however a general understanding of velocity modeling is advised.