HampsonRussell Seismic Data Conditioning Training
This training course is available upon request. When requesting a course, please know there is a minimum number of participants needed for the course to be held. Request more information in the form to notify our team of your interest.
- Advantages of seismic data conditioning
- Comprehensive look at the theory and application of the conditioning techniques
- Covers seismic data conditioning required for time-lapse and azimuthal seismic data studies
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply sophisticated and enhanced techniques.
Extract as much information from your seismic data as cost effectively as possible. Understand the importance of seismic data conditioning and its critical role in enhancing the accuracy and clarity of results from seismic reservoir characterization processes such as AVO and seismic inversion. This course demonstrates the advantages of performing seismic data conditioning prior to reservoir characterization.
Topics covered include:
Duration: 1 day
- Introduction: Seismic data QC
- Theory: What can affect seismic data
- Practical: Seismic data conditioning steps for AVO analysis and simultaneous inversion on real seismic data
- A review of seismic data conditioning approaches for time-lapse (4D) and azimuthal seismic data studies (AVAz)
Software used: HampsonRussell Data Conditioning
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, in-person classroom or virtual
Prerequisites: Experience with HampsonRussell software is NOT a prerequisite for this training course, although students will become familiar with the functionality through attendance of this class.