HampsonRussell GeoSI Workshop
July 12th, 2023, from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Online (Central Time), Houston Texas
This course presents an introduction to the practical use of GeoSI, a stochastic inversion program from HampsonRussell, as well as an overview of relevant inversion theory.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques. Experience with HampsonRussell Software is NOT a prerequisite for this workshop, although students will become familiar with the functionality through attendance.
Duration: 1 day
- Introduction to inversion methods – deterministic and stochastic.
- Log correlation and Model Building on both seismic and stratigraphic grids
- Basic stochastic inversion theories: Sequential Gaussian Simulation, Bayesian Stochastic inversion and GeoSI inversion theory
- Correlation and Variogram modelling
- Facies classification theory
- Stochastic lithology prediction
- Stabilizing the results
- 3D visualization
- Explains both the theory and practice of stochastic inversion using GeoSI modules.
- Shows how GeoSI is fully integrated into the HampsonRussell Geoview interface.
- Teaches the user how to apply GeoSI using a real North Sea oil sand example.
Software used: HampsonRussell GeoSI
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, classroom or virtual training
Instructor(s): Ted Holden
US $1000.00 USD