HampsonRussell Pro4D (Time-Lapse Seismic Analysis) Workshop
July 13th-14th, 2023 from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Online (Central Time), Houston Texas
This course covers the theory and practical use of Pro4D, an interactive program that that is fully linked within HampsonRussell Software and performs time-lapse, or 4D, modeling and analysis.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques. Experience with HampsonRussell Software is NOT a prerequisite for this workshop, although students will become familiar with the functionality through attendance.
- Time-Lapse Modeling: Log editing and synthetics, Biot-Gassmann fluid replacement modeling, Zoeppritz and elastic techniques, systematic methods and the wedge model
- Seismic Comparison, Calibration and Interpretation: Survey regridding, volume comparison using correlation, difference and cross-plotting, seismic calibration with time and phase shift, application of gain, shaping filters and simultaneous phase and time matching, cross-normalization, volumetrics and interpretation.
- This course covers the theory behind 4D analysis: modeling reservoir changes and comparing seismic volumes
- Rock and fluid properties are discussed in detail. Practical application to modeling log data for a range of time-lapse scenarios, such as saturation or pressure changes
- Review of seismic processing • methods used to match post-stack 3D seismic cubes
- Volumetric analysis and matching mapped 4D response with known production information
- 50% of the course is in practical exercises using the PRO4D software
Duration: 2 day
Software used: HampsonRussell Pro4D
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, in-person classroom or virtual
Instructor(s): Ted Holden
US $2000.00 USD